Direct access to European Union law (documents): the Official Journal of the European Union, (consolidated) legislation, case law, legislative proposals and the treaties. Contains bibliographic notices with e.g. national execution measures, legislative history, notes relating to decisions and more.
Find-eR - European Commission Libraries Catalogue.
Tool for searching multiple library resources in one interface. It includes the European Commission Library collections, plus millions of online journal articles and e-books available at the European Commission Library.
Legislative Observatory (OEIL) - European Parliament
Information on the EU decision-making process, with a focus on the European Parliament’s activities. Shows all documents (with full text online access) relating to a procedure, in chronological order, grouped by institution, with references, links to and summaries of the major documents.
- Columbia Journal of European Law
- Common Market Law Review
- Europäische Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsrecht
- European Constitutional Law Review
- European Foreign Affairs Review
- European Law Journal
- Journal of European Integration
- Legal issues of economic integration
- Maastricht Journal of European and comparative law
- Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Europees Recht (NtEr)
- Review of European administrative law
- SEW, Tijdschrift voor Europees en economisch recht
You can use Find-eR, the European Commission Libraries Catalogue, to find references (no full text) to articles on European law.
- The anatomy of corporate law: a comparative and functional approach / R. Kraakman [et al.] (3rd ed. 2017)
- Competition law / R.Whish, D. Bailey (9th ed. 2018)
- The division of competences between the EU and the member states /ed. S. Garben and I. Govaere (2017)
- EU administrative law / P. Craig (3rd ed. 2018)
- EU charter of fundamental rights as a binding instrument: five years old and growing / S. de Vries, U. Berntz and S. Weatherill (2015)
- EU law after Lisbon / A. Biondi, P. Eeckhout, and S. Riple (2012)
- EU procedural law / K. Lenaerts, I. Maselis, K. Gutman; ed. J. T. Nowak (2014)
- European constitutional law / R. Schütze (3rd ed. 2021)
- European parliament / R. Corbett (9th ed. 2016)
- European Union law / ed. C. Barnard and S. Peers (3rd ed. 2020)
- European Union law / by K. Lenaerts, P. v. Nuffel; eds. R. Bray, N. Cambien (3rd ed. 2011)
- European Union under transnational law / M. Avbelj (2018)
- Europees recht: algemeen deel / red. W.T. Eijsbouts (6e dr. 2020)
- Inleiding tot het Europees bestuursrecht / J.H. Jans, S. Prechal, R.J.G.M. Widdershoven (4e dr. 2017)
- An introduction to European law / R. Schütze (3rd ed. 2020)
- An introduction to international organizations law / J. Klabbers (4th ed. 2022)
- The law of the European Union / P. J. Kuijper, F. Amtenbrink, D. Curtin, B. De Witte, A. McDonnell and S. Van den Bogaert (5th ed. 2018)
- Oxford principles of European Union law / R. Schütze, T. Tridimas (2018)
- Research handbook on the politics of EU law / P. J. Cardwell and M. Granger (2020)
- Rule of law in the European Union / Th. Konstadinides (2017)
- The substantive law of the EU: the four freedoms / C. Barnard (6th ed. 2019)
Use Find-eR, the European Commission Libraries Catalogue, to find references to more books on European law.
Books on European law can be found in the library at call numbers NM-NW, OA-OZ, PA-PV and TF-TZ. Check the floor plan.
See also the guide Legal literature - Books.
- Court of Justice of the European Union: commentary on statue (sic) and rules of procedure / B. Wägenbaur (2013)
- The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights: a commentary / ed. S. Peers [et al.] (2014)
- The EU Treaties and the Charter of Fundamental Rights: a commentary / ed. M. Kellerbauer (2019)
- EUV/AEUV: Kommentar / C. Calliess, M. Ruffert (5 Aufl. 2016)
- European Union treaties: Treaty on European Union, Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union / ed. R. Geiger, D. Khan, M. Kotzur (2015)
- De Europese Unie na het Verdrag van Lissabon / R.H. van Ooik, R.A. Wessel (2009)
- Das Recht der Europäischen Union / E. Grabitz, M. Hilf, M. Nettesheim (last updated: Sep. 2021)
- Smit & Herzog on the law of the European Union / Center for International Legal Studies (last updated: Nov. 2016)
- The Treaty on European Union (TEU): a commentary / H. Blanke, S. Mangiameli, ed. (2013)
- Het Verdrag van Lissabon: achtergronden en commentaar / R. Barents (2008)
- Cases and materials on EU Law / S. Weatherill (12th ed. 2016)
- CURIA - Information, publications and (recent) case law of the Courts and Tribunal
- Dec.Nat. - References to national decisions concerning Community law (1959-recent)
- European e-Justice Portal - information on justice systems of EU member states
- EUR-Lex - Search by document number
- Europese Rechtspraak - algemeen deel / red. R. van Ooik en Th. Vandamme (2e dr. 2020)
- Jurisprudentie Europees recht 1963-2018 / red. J.W. Sap (4e dr. 2019)
- EUR-Lex - Official Journal of the European Union L and C series (1952-recent)
- For an overview of documents (papers, reports, minutes, agenda’s) by the institutions the European Union, refer to EUROPA.EU: Official documents from EU institutions, agencies and other bodies
- TED (Tenders Electronic Daily) - Supplement (S) to the Official Journal of the European Union
Legislation and treaties
- Blackstone’s EU treaties and legislation 2021-2022 / ed. by Nigel G. Foster (32nd ed. 2021)
- EUR-Lex - Directory of European Union Consolidated Legislation
- EUR-Lex - Laws in force - Find results by document number (on the right-hand side; select Regulation, Directive or Decision)
- EUR-Lex - National implementing measures - Search in national transposition
- EUR-Lex - Preparatory documents for COM and JOIN documents
- EUR-Lex - Treaties
- European Basic Treaties (2nd ed. 2013) / Europese basisverdragen / R. van Ooik, T. Vandamme (9e dr. 2016)
- European Union External Action Service - Treaties office database (contains all the bilateral and multilateral treaties)
- Legislative Observatory - Overview of current legislative procedures in the European Parliament
- Lawmaking procedures - Monitoring of the decision-making process between institutions (European Commission)
- Treaty on the functioning of the European Union - a commentary. Volume I, Preamble, Articles 1-89 / H.-J. Blanke, S. Mangiameli (2021)
See also Amicuria - EU law at your fingertips (EUR-Lex alternative) to quickly find cases, legislation, treaty articles or entries in the Official Journal.
- The ABC of European Union law / Klaus Dieter Borchardt (2018)
- AEI - Archive of European Integration
- Consilium - Website of the Council of the European Union
- Curia - Catalogue of the Library of the Court of Justice of the EU, containing books, articles and publications on EU Law. To use as a bibliography.
- EUobserver - Independent online newspaper covering news on the EU institutions
- EU Publications website - Reports, studies, information booklets, magazines and other publications from the EU institutions and other bodies (in PDF, 1952 - present)
- Europa.eu - Databases by topic
- Europa.eu - The Historical archives of the EU
- Europa.eu - Newsroom: Latest press releases and statements by sources
- European Sources Online (ESO) - Information service that allows you to easily find a wide and up-to-date range of information sources about Europe. Sources include official EU documentation, information from international organisations, national governments, research organisations, textbooks and journals, and key news sources.
- N-Lex - A common gateway to National Law
- Press corner - Press releases European Commission (since 1985)
- SearchEuropa - search over 100 million pages on europa.eu