With a valid pass, the University Library is accessible to UvA students and staff, AUAS students and staff and anyone registered as a borrower. Please note: during examination periods, access for AUAS students/staff and external borrowers is restricted. Read more about the access policy.
- Over 700 study places, including 80 study places with PC.
- Collaboration rooms and study cabinets (reservable for UvA students only).
Service & Collection
The information centre on the 1st floor is open for questions and for various facilities.
- Collecting and returning books and other materials.
- Assistance in finding scientific information and research data.
- Borrowing laptops (Chromebooks). You can find more information about borrowing laptops at student.uva.nl.
- Borrowing headphones (only UvA).
- Requesting a library card (external borrowers).
- Consulting the digital collection via collection PCs (external borrowers).
- Student card service.
- Printing, copying and scanning. You can find more information about printing, copying and scanning at student.uva.nl.
In the C- and E-building you will find the current collections (GW collections) in the fields of archaeology, philosophy, religion, classical languages, ancient history, art history, theatre studies and media studies. The Musicology collection is located in A 2.01.
- Safe deposit boxes
- Recharge point for paying with student card
- Meeting rooms
There is a sliding door to the right of the main entrance (next to the revolving door). Visitors in wheelchairs can enter through this door. Some parts of the building are not accessible to wheelchair users, namely: Vondelzaal, Belle van Zuylenzaal and 2nd floor of the C-building (part collection PR-Z).
Parking spaces for wheelchair users
Within the municipality of Amsterdam you can apply for an Amsterdam parking permit for disabled visitors if you are in possession of a European disabled parking card. This permit allows you to park free of charge in all paid parking areas.
Address & Contact
Any Questions, Suggestions or Complaints? Please let us now via the Library contact page.