Finding Academic Sources
A workshop to get tips on how to find your way in the large amount of information, online and in the library. For students and external users of the Library who want to improve their information skills.
Using Citation Tools: RefWorks, Mendeley or Zotero
Personal literature management via the browser or a desktop program. Introductory workshop course for students, researchers and teachers of the University of Amsterdam. We offer 3 different workshops, about the 3 citation tools that the UvA supports: RefWorks, Mendeley and Zotero. To make your choice, take a look at the overview of pros and cons of these tools (pdf, 2 p.).
In this workshop we make you aware of the existence of fake news and teach you how to recognise it.
Faculty specific courses
Faculty of Humanities
- Research Assistance Humanities. For Humanities students who like to be well-prepared when they have to write a paper or thesis. Upcoming course dates.
Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Library course GSSS. An introduction to the UvA Library's resources and an opportunity to check your information literacy skills. To get access, please register
Law School courses
The workshop Finding academic sources and the introductory RefWorks course can on request be embedded in a specific course. You provide us with a computer room with a beamer, and we’ll provide an expert teacher.
Need subject-specific help?
- having difficulty locating publications on a particular topic?
- worried that you’re missing something?
- drowning in information you don’t want?
- having problems using a specific search tool?
When working on a paper or thesis you may prefer personal assistance over a group workshop. The Library’s subject librarians are happy to provide one-on-one consultation. Please feel free to contact your subject librarian directly.