Collected Courses / Recueil des Cours Online
The online version of the Collected Courses or Recueil des Cours covers more than 330 volumes (150,000 pages) containing over 1200 lectures taught at The Hague Academy of International Law over a period of 85 years.
Foreign & International Law Resources Database (FILRD) - HeinOnline
Full text prominent international law publications: yearbooks, serials, proceedings of the American Society of International Law, U.S. law digests on international law, decisions and other documents of the Hague Permanent Court of International Justice and more.
International law in domestic courts (ILDC)
As part of the Oxford Reports on International law, ILDC covers international law as applied in the domestic courts of approximately 70 jurisdictions. Decisions are accompanied by expert analysis and cross-case navigation via the Oxford Law Citator.
Offers full-text access to a collection of journals and books from Kluwer Law International on arbitration, but also BITs, related case law, conventions, legislation, treaties, news and more.
Max Planck Encyclopedias of International Law
Online edition of the encyclopedia with peer-reviewed (1,700) articles on every aspect of public international law (history of public international law, criminal law, human rights law, economic law, and environmental law). Contains the Oxford Law Citator.
Database containing international law reviews and journals, case law, legal news, statutes and legislation, administrative codes and regulations, directories.
Oxford Bibliographies in International Law
Contains peer-reviewed encyclopedic articles on the main concepts of international law with references to selected general works, textbooks, book chapters, articles and major judicial decisions.
Oxford Scholarly Authorities on International Law
Contains full-text online editions of reference works and treatises published by Oxford University Press, such as Oppenheim and the Oxford Commentaries on International Law.
U.S. Treaties and Agreements Library - HeinOnline
Online collection of U.S. treaties and agreements. Includes prominent collections such as the United States Treaties and Other International Agreements set (commonly referred to as the "Blue set").
- American journal of international law
- European constitutional law review
- European journal of international law
- European journal of migration and law
- Human rights quarterly
- International journal of refugee law
- International legal materials
- Journal of the history of international law
- Journal of international dispute settlement
- Leiden journal of international law
- The modern law review
- Netherlands international law review
- Revue générale de droit international public
- The handbook of international humanitarian law / ed. D. Fleck (4th ed. 2021)
- The history and theory of International law / J. D’Aspremont (2020)
- International human rights law / ed. D. Moeckli et. al. (3rd ed. 2018)
- International law / M.N. Shaw (9th ed. 2021)
- International law / R.M.M. Wallace and O. Martin-Ortega (9th ed. 2020)
- International law in domestic courts: a casebook / A. Nollkaemper, A. Reinisch (2018)
- Kern van het internationaal publiekrecht / A. Nollkaemper (8e dr. 2019)
- The law and policy of the World Trade Organization: text, cases and materials / P. Van den Bossche (4th ed. 2017)
- Legal traditions of the world: sustainable diversity in law / H. Patrick Glenn (5th ed. 2014)
- The Oxford handbook of the history of international law / ed. B. Fassbender, A. Peters (2012)
- The Oxford handbook on the sources of international law / ed. J. d'Aspremont, S. Besson (2017)
- Principles of international investment law / R. Dolzer and Ch. Schreuer (3rd ed. 2022)
- Redfern and Hunter on international arbitration / N. Blackaby, C. Partasides, A. Redfern, M. Hunter (6th ed. 2015)
- Research handbook on the law of international organizations / ed. J. Klabbers, Å. Wallendahl (2011)
- The sources of international law / H. Thirlway (2nd ed. 2019)
See also the guide Legal literature - Books.
More books on international law can be found in the library at call number AA (treaties), BA-BD (public international law), CA-CC (sources of international law), MA-MF (international organisations), TA-TN (international trade law), FB-FO (human rights). Check the floor plan.
- The charter of the United Nations: a commentary Vol. I + Vol. II / ed. B. Simma [et al.] (3rd ed. 2012)
- A commentary on the international covenant on civil and political rights / P.M. Taylor (2020)
- Commentary on the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG) / ed. I. Schwenzer (4th ed. 2016)
- European convention on human rights: commentary / by Ch. Grabenwarter (2014)
- The 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol: a commentary / A. Zimmermann (2011)
- Trade related aspects of intellectual property rights: a commentary on the TRIPS Agreement / C. M. Correa (2nd ed. 2020)
- The UNCITRAL arbitration rules: a commentary / D.D. Caron, L. M. Caplan (2nd ed. 2013)
- The UN Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women: a commentary / B. Rudolf, M. Freeman (2012)
- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, 1982: a commentary / ed. A. Proelss (2017)
- Vienna convention on the law of treaties: a commentary / ed. O. Dörr, K. Schmalenbach (2nd ed. 2018)
- Encyclopedia of human rights (5 volumes) / ed. D.P. Forsythe (2009)
- International law: critical concepts in law (6 volumes) / ed. J. Weiler and A.T. Nissel (2011)
- The Max Planck Encyclopaedias of International Law (full-text articles)
- HUDOC - case law of the European Court of Human Rights
- International Court of Justice - Cases
- International Law Reports - JustisOne
- Landmark cases in public international law / ed. E. Bjorge and C. Miles (2017)
- OHCHR jurisprudence - includes documents from the database of the Netherlands Institute of Human Rights (SIM)
- UN - Summaries of Judgments, Advisory Opinions and Orders of the ICJ
- United Nations Digital Library - Catalogue of the Library of the UN which contains publications and documents of the UN
- United Nations Documentation Research Guide - Dag Hammarskjöld Library
- WTO Documents Online
See also the manual How to find UN documents.
Legislation and treaties
- Basic documents in international law / ed. I. Brownlie (6th ed. 2008)
- Blackstone’s international law documents / ed. M. D. Evans (15th ed. 2021)
- Electronic Information System for International Law (EISIL) - ASIL
- FLARE index to treaties - Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- UNTC - United Nations Treaty Collection
See also the manual How to find a treaty.