German (language) legal library with (text)books, commentaries (e.g. Münchener Kommentar zum BGB), journal collection, case law and more.
Direct access to European Union law (documents): the Official Journal of the European Union, (consolidated) legislation, case law, legislative proposals and treaties. Contains bibliographic notices with e.g. national execution measures, legislative history, notes relating to decisions and more.
N-Lex - A common gateway to National Law
Overview of free-access websites with legislation of all European Union member states.
Database contains international law reviews and journals, case law, legal news, statutes and legislation, administrative codes and regulations, directories.
Includes case law and legislation on international commercial law (primarily from the United States), some treaty materials, European Union materials, information on GATT and the WTO, international law journals, and the ASIL publication International Legal Materials (ILM).
- American Journal of Comparative Law
- Common Market Law Review
- European Law Journal
- European Review of Contract Law
- European Review of Private Law
- Journal of Consumer Policy
- Journal of Private International Law
- Revue critique de droit international privé
- The anatomy of corporate law: a comparative and functional approach / R. Kraakman [et al.] (3rd ed. 2017)
- The Cambridge companion to comparative law / ed. M. Bussani, U. Mattei (2012)
- Cases, materials and text on contract law / H. Beale (3rd ed. 2019)
- Concise introduction to EU private international law / M. Bogdan (4th ed. 2019)
- International commercial arbitration (3 volumes) / G. B. Born (2nd ed. 2014)
- International sales law: a guide to the CISG / I.H. Schwenzer, C. Foutoulakis (3rd ed. 2019)
- Interpretation of commercial contracts in European private law / C.J.W. Baaij, D.A. Cabrelli (2020)
- Introduction to comparative law / K. Zweigert and H. Kötz (3rd ed. 1998)
- Research handbook on international commercial contracts / A. Hutchison, F. Myburgh (2020)
See also the guide Legal literature - Books.
In the library books on Anglo-American private law, Private International Law and comparative law can be found at call number C.1.-5. Dutch, foreign and EU private law at call number B.1 - 26. Check the floor plan.
- Commentaries on European contract laws / ed. N. Jansen, R. Zimmermann (2018)
- Commentary on the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG) / Schlechtriem & Schwenzer (4th ed. 2016)
- European commentaries on private international law, ECPIL: commentary (4 vol.) / ed. U. Magnus, P. Mankowski (2016 - ...)
- The UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules: a commentary / D. D. Caron (2nd ed. 2013)
- Encyclopedia of Private International Law
Coverage of private international law topics in 250 alphabetically arranged entries and overviews of the private international law regimes of 80 countries with English language translations of the national codifications and private international law provisions.
- IEL Tort Law
Monographs on Law of Tort with attention to the distinction between tort and crime and to the relationship between tort and contract.
- The Max Planck encyclopedia of European private law (2 vol.)
Ed. by J. Basedow, K. J. Hopt, R. Zimmermann (2012)
- Cases and materials on EU private international law / S. Bariatti (2011)
- EU private international law: an ECJ casebook / M. Bogdan, U. Maunsbach (2nd ed. 2012)
- JURE - case law on jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement of judgements in EU member states
See also the guide Case law.
Legislation and treaties
- The Elgar companion to the Hague Conference on Private International Law / T. Jones (2020)
- European Private International Law 2015/2017 / red. K. Boele-Woelki (2nd ed. 2015)
- The Hague Conference on private international law “Judgments Convention”/ Directorate-General for Internal Policies of the Union Brussels: European Parliament (2018)
- International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT)
- N-Lex - a common gateway to National Law
See also the guide Legislation and treaties.
- ASIL - Electronic Information System for International Law (EISIL)
- Trans-Lex.org - search for articles, court decisions, arbitral decisions, national laws, conventions etc.
- Universität Osnabrück - European Legal Studies Institute (ELSI)