A total of 22 events will be organised at various locations in Amsterdam (naturally including the UvA locations).
The following activities will take place on Roeterseiland Campus during the Introduction Week:
- Monday 26 August: annual Introduction Week reception for new students
- Tuesday 27 August: Introduction Week BBQ
What does this mean for you?
A number of measures are being taken to ensure that all activities run smoothly and safely this week. We would like to draw your attention to various matters.
Monday 26 August: Introduction Week reception
- It will be busy everywhere and at REC A in particular.
- The entrance to the REC ABCD bicycle shed on Nieuwe Achtergracht will be closed. Cyclists can enter the bicycle shed via the entrance on Roetersstraat.
Tuesday 27 August – Introduction Week BBQ
- It will not be possible to park in the REC E car park today. Users of the REC E car park will be able to use the Leeuwenburg car park today (at Amstel station – 2 stops from Weesperplein station). Please inform the contact person in advance so that a named parking space can be reserved at the Leeuwenburg.
- Disabled users of the REC E car park can park at the REC JK car parks instead. Please specify this in advance, as it will be busy. Send a mail to Tineke Seinstra: T.R.Seinstra@uva.nl.
- Setting-up and other activities will take place on site from 7:00 onwards.
- Until 15:00, the day will continue as normal. After 15:00, the entrances to the campus will be closed with barriers and the entrances/exits of REC A, E and D will be closed. The REC E entrance/exit on the square will remain open.
- After 15:00, you will only be able to enter the site wearing a special (BBQ) wristband.
- After 15:00, signs and security guards will guide everyone onto and off the campus site.
- From 15:00 onwards, 'De Brug' will serve as a passageway between the buildings. There will be no more activities on De Brug from 15:00 onwards.
- REC ABCD entrance and exit after 15:00: the emergency exit of REC B and the bicycle shed of REC A on Roetersstraat. After 15:00, you will need to enter and exit REC D via the REC E entrance on the reception side.
We will naturally make every effort to minimise inconvenience and hope for everyone's understanding. If you have any questions, please contact the department head of REC internal services, Wil van Zijl:
T: +31 (0)6 1098 3878