UvA students and staff are welcome to study at some of our library locations again. Note: You have to book your study space in advance.
Reopened library locations
- University Library Singel (UB Singel)
- Science Park
- Roeterseiland Campus (Library Learning Centre, REC H)
- P.C. Hoofthuis
To make studying in the Library as safe as possible for all of us, we have laid out a number of rules. Please do keep in mind:
- Studying from home remains the norm, so only book a study place if it is really necessary.
- Come alone.
- Keep your distance at least 1.5 meters, also at the entrance.
- Stay home if you have symptoms of a cold or the flu.
- Follow the instructions of the Library staff.
- When you enter the building, we will ask you about your health situation, your study place reservation and your student / employee card.
Please note: no reservation = no admission to the Library
Booking a study place
- In the reservation system you will be asked to choose between a timeslot in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening or for a whole day.
- You can book a maximum of five timeslots.
- You can book a study place three days in advance to 23.59hrs (11.59pm) the day before.
- Please bring your student / employee card with you, and show us your reservation upon entering the Library.
- If you don’t have a reservation, you cannot make use of the study places.
- Reservations can be canceled until 23:59hrs the day before your reservation.
- Reservations are personal, and therefore reservations are not transferable.
Create an account and reserve a study place
Note: The login method to reserve a study place has been renewed. You can now log in to Mapiq with your UvAnetID. Reservations made with your old Mapiq account remain valid.
Instructions for reserving a study place will follow soon.