Effective Searching with the UvA Library
In the first month of the semester the GSSS and AEXP Social Sciences organise library skills workshops in collaboration with the Information Specialists of the UvA library. We strongly recommend all students to participate.
The workshop covers the use of the very extended UvA library catalogue, efficient data collection management and the use of the digital library system in a mostly interactive character with exercises and group discussions.Topics discussed in the workshop include:
- Information about the UvA-Library
- Evaluating sources
- Search skills and Refworks
Workshop dates and locations
- Monday 19 February 2018 - 12:00 -14:00 - REC-H3.01
- Tuesday 20 February 2018 - 11:00 -13:00 REC-H2.01
- Two (working) days before the workshop date. For example: for a Monday workshop the deadline to apply is the Thursday before.
- You can sign up for a workshop through the online application form below.
- One day in advance you will receive an reminder of enrolment
Register through the button below.
Minimum 10, maximum 20.
Questions on the workshop?
Please contact the Subject Librarian: email@example.com.
- “Great explanations and practice on how to use the UvA system. Also general search information was covered and will be further appreciated into the future.”
- “A clear, relevant, concise session."
- “I did not know what to expect but I was satisfied with what was addressed. I think this is very important not only for me but for all academics/students.”
- “I think it was very well structured and relevant. A great introduction to the UvA Library system”