Effective Searching with the UvA Library
In the first month of the semester the GSSS and the Exchange Programme Social Sciences organise library skills workshops in collaboration with the Information Specialists of the UvA library. We strongly recommend all students to participate. The workshop is offered in 4 groups of 25 students maximum to allow for active participation. More workshops will be organised if needed.
The workshop covers the use of the multifarious UvA library (online) resources and the efficient collection of bibliographic data in a mostly interactive way, with exercises and group discussions. Topics discussed in the workshop include:
- Information about the UvA-Library
- Search skills and strategies
- Evaluating sources
- Citation software
Workshop dates and locations
Wednesday 12 September 2018:
Group 1: 10:00-12:00, location REC H.101
Group 2: 13:00-15:00, location REC H. 101
Thursday 13 September 2018:
Group 3: 15:00-17:00, location REC H. 201
Group 4: 17:00-19:00, location REC H. 201
- Two (working) days before the workshop date. For example: for the Wednesday workshops the deadline to apply is the Tuesday before.
- You can sign up for a workshop through the online application form below.
- One day in advance you will receive an reminder of enrolment
Register through the button below.
Minimum 10, maximum 20.
Questions on the workshop?
Please contact the Subject Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· “Great explanations and practice on how to use the UvA system. Also general search information was covered and will be further appreciated into the future.”
· “A clear, relevant, concise session."
· “I did not know what to expect but I was satisfied with what was addressed. I think this is very important not only for me but for all academics/students.”
· “I think it was very well structured and relevant. A great introduction to the UvA Library system”