RefWorks: exporting titles
On this page:
Take note! When importing references you can choose between exporting to the classic version of RefWorks and the new RefWorks version. Because the new version is still in beta, the UvA will provisionally use the classic RefWorks version. Therefore, choose the left tile with the classic logo and tick off the box ‘do not ask me this again’.
- check the relevant titles to add them to your E-shelf
- open the E-shelf > select the titles you wish to export
- in the right margin select Push to RefWorks > Go
RefWorks then opens. When you are logged in, the titles are automatically exported.
If you wish to export a single title, click Details at the relevant title. Then click the link Send to on the right and select RefWorks. This way you avoid having to place it on the e-Shelf first.
From the UvA catalogue
- check the relevant titles > click Export
- at Item format select RefWorks
- click Export to RefWorks
RefWorks then opens and after you have logged in the references are automatically imported.
From Google Scholar
Activate the button Import into RefWorks: open Scholar Settings and at Bibliography Manager select RefWorks > Save
From now on your results in Google Scholar will have a button Import into RefWorks.
From a database
From most databases you can export directly to RefWorks. The procedure is usually as follows:
- save the titles you wish to export ( Save, Mark, Add)
- in some databases the titles are saved in a folder or e-shelf (Show, View, Folder)
- click on Export or Save and select RefWorks
RefWorks then opens and after you have logged in, the references are automatically imported.
Select the English language version for better results in RefWorks.
- perform a search and then click Download
- at format select MOPC and then ISO-8859-1
- click screen > select all [Ctrl+A] and copy [Ctrl+C]
- go to References > Import
- select PiCarta as Import Filter and Database
- at From Text, paste the copied text [Ctrl+V] and click Import