University Library Singel
Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam
P.O. Box 19185 1000 GD Amsterdam
Telephone: 020 525 2301
Fax: 020 525 2311
Some parts of the building are NOT wheelchair accessible:
- Collection Religious studies
- Collection Musicology
- Vondel Room
There is virtually no parking space in the vicinity of the library. It is, however, easy to reach by public transport from Amsterdam Central Station: trams 2, 4, 5, 9, 16, 20, 24 and 25 , stop: either Spui or Muntplein.
- The University Library (Singel 425) is accessible from Monday to Friday, 8.30 -18.00, to anyone with a valid library card (or a student ID card for UvA and HvA students, or a staff ID card for UvA and HvA staff).
- At all other times the library is accessible only to UvA staff and students.
- Visitors must be able to show their student ID card, staff ID card, library card and/or a valid ID, if so requested by library or security personnel.
- The circulation room is open during the evenings and the weekend to everyone with a library card and a notification that a book is ready to be checked out.
There are over 750 study spaces, of which 110 equipped with a PC, in seven study rooms.
Book a pc or room
Do you want to book a pc or room at Library Singel? That is possible via Mapiq. Some pcs and study rooms can be booked one week in advance.
Log in with your UvAnetID to check which rooms and PCs may be booked right now and make a reservation. You’ll immediately get a confirmation mail. If you later find that the PC or the room is occupied, just show the email to your fellow student.
When visiting departments with books in open stacks, coats and bags must be placed in lockers. There are free lockers in the cloakroom on the ground floor, to the left of the entrance. The euro needed to lock it, will be returned on reopening the locker.