On this page:
Address Law Library
- Visiting address: Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, Amsterdam (REC A)
- Postal address: P.O. Box 15829, 1001 NH Amsterdam
- Telephone: 020-525 3843
- Email: email@example.com
Use the link below for directions to Roeterseiland building A. The Law Library is on the 4th floor.
There are 137 study places available in the Law Library:
- 24 study places with PC: these are only available for UvA student and employees (log in with UvAnetID);
- 70 study places without PC: these desks have power sockets for laptops and other devices;
- 32 study places that are also suitable to collaborate with other students;
- 10 public access PCs: these computers are available for all visitors, also for visitors not affiliated to the UvA. These PCs can be used to consult all e-journals and databases without logging in.
Printing, copying and scanning
There are two multifunctional devices available in the library that are all suitable for printing, copying and scanning. A valid student card or staff ID card is needed to use these facilities.
Printing and copying
Printing and copying is possible in sizes A4 and A3 and both in colour as well as black and white. Prints and copies in black and white cost €0.05 per page for A4 and €0.10 for A3. Prints and copies in colour are €0.15 per page for A4 and €0.30 for A3.
Scans can be sent by email or saved to a memory stick (also for sale at the library desk). Scanning is free of charge.
More information and detailed instructions are available through the link below.
Refer to the floor plan for an overview of the Law Library.