The University Library of Amsterdam owes a large part of its collections to the generous donations and long-term loans of researchers, collectors, UvA staff and students and many others who have an interest in the Library. These donations and loans make an important contribution to the research and teaching at the UvA.
The University Library greatly appreciates any donations offered. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept everything we are offered. Owing to an increasing lack of space in our closed stacks and to the high processing costs, we are forced to be selective in accepting donations.
Our main guidelines are:
- please contact us prior to making your donation;
- a donation which fills a hiatus in our present collection or builds on the strengths of it, will be gladly accepted;
- books or journals we already hold in our collections, will not be accepted;
- material in poor condition will generally not be accepted;
- single journal issues or volumes will generally not be accepted, unless they fill a gap in our collection.
If your donation is accepted, we will make an arrangement with you about selection, transport, its place in our collection, etc. If, unfortunately, we cannot accept your offer, we will confer with you on a better destination for your donation.
drs. M.G. (Martien) Versteeg
M.G.Versteeg@uva.nl | T: 0205253002Go to detailpage